JOB TITLE: Teacher’s Aide
- Early Childhood Teacher’s Assistant is required to help the lead teacher implement curriculum in primary classrooms.
- Early Childhood Teacher’s Assistant should have the ability to interact with the children and encourage them to participate in various activities
- He/She is required to deal with small children and hence it is important for them to have patience and a good presence of mind. They should ensure that special attention is given to each child.
Early Childhood Teacher’s Assistant shall have a high school diploma or GED. They shall work under the direct supervision of an early childhood teacher and shall not assume full responsibility for a group of children.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Lead Teacher in planning activities using a variety of materials and equipment to develop food coordination, social skills, creativity, self-expression, and an interest in learning.
- Assist the Lead Teacher in planning education programs for young children.
- Promote an awareness and appreciation of the multicultural society in which we live
- Promote health and safety concept and social interaction with other children
- Promote language development and self-confidence through reading, dramatic play, music and discussions.
- Assist children with their toileting and other personal matters.
- Attend to sick children and those in need of first aid, and fill out required accident forms.
- Overall provide a safe, nurturing, learning environment for your classroom
- A desire to teach and care for children.
- Able to relate to children and their families.
- Enthusiasm and patience when caring for children.
- Good Problem solving skills.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Follow YMCA guidelines of dress codes.
- Maintain a professional, respectful, positive attitude towards co-workers.
- Ability to keep an open mind and willingness to learn new approaches
- Able to work your given schedule with responsibility and promptness
- Exemplify the core mission values of the Brown County Early Learning Center while performing all duties.
- Complete continuing educational requirements for the Illinois department of children and family services.
- First Aid and CPR
- ECE 1
- Fingerprinting and background clearance
- Medical exam less than 6 months old
- Physical demands such has lifting or picking up toys, equipment and children